Monday, September 23, 2013

Smashwords Interview

So ... you want to know more about me?  Check out this interview just posted on Smashwords (an excerpt, and then the link)

What inspires you to get out of bed each day?
I wish I had a good answer for this. Being a natural night owl, my soul inspiration for getting up each morning is the deadening sound of my alarm clock.
When you're not writing, how do you spend your time?
Working the "other" job, or researching on how to make my writing better than it is. My current work role outside of this has a heavy emphasis on quality assurance, so I apply those skills into making sure I have the best product out before I go to press.
How do you discover the ebooks you read?
Mostly by recommendations. I'm still not keen on paying the traditional publisher price of $9.99+, but there are a lot of e-book authors out there that match more popular authors page for page. Of course, reading the best-seller lists now, some of these e-book only writers (or e-book mostly) are now some of the most popular writers out there.
Do you remember the first story you ever wrote?
Absolutely. It was supposed to be some sort of murder mystery - I think I was twelve. Didn't make it past the first couple of chapters. Still don't know who did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment